Application of Data Science, Computational Intelligence and Machine learning in the domain of Finance and Financial Services Technologies is a hot topic. There is huge spectrum of various technologies that are available in libraries in the form of open source or open access form that can be used effectively in the domain of Finance.
Now, one of the important issues is how to support SME (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises), micro firms and start-up in a symbiosis with financial institution that have available data of enterprises as e.g., bank account, electronic invoices, taxing data through supporting to transmit the tax information to Tax Authorities in a timely fashion. The financial institution and their subsidiaries can access data that are not open for everyone. Thereby, the methods that were traditionally called Business Intelligence and Business Analytics with extension of the most recent Data Science can yield a value-added set of services exploiting the rich palette of data analytics like deep learning, TensorFlow, complex time series, natural language processing etc.
Since the primary focus of the Data Science for Financial Problems programme from EIT Digital Master School is on the expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship, participants will work on business assignments for innovative use of machine learning in cooperation with companies and startups from the Budapest ecosystem. Also, the program is enriched with social and cultural activities which will allow students to connect with one another and to get a “taste” of Hungary in the comfortability of their home.
- Thematic area lectures covering among others: Fintech Market trends, Application of Data Science in Finance Industries, Investment Trends in Fintech
- I&E lectures, including meetings with entrepreneurs, startups
- Group work and mentoring
Each programme has a focus on business innovation and entrepreneurship, there is no need to have specific technical backgrounds or any coding knowledge to join our Summer School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well. You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone.
- An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.