We are looking forward to welcoming you to VU Amsterdam Summer School! Previous students exclaimed finding our summer school absolutely wonderful, interesting and fun yet also tremendously helpful for their professional and academic careers.
We understand the situation is very uncertain and we therefore offer free cancellation and a full refund until 1 May. Are you ready to unlock your potential?
If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please let us know. The How to Evaluate Psychological Interventions Through Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is a multi-disciplinary and therefore are open to students with a wide variety of backgrounds.
The number of studies examining relevant research questions is staggering. Each year thousands of new randomized controlled trials are conducted, and endless numbers of epidemiological and experimental studies are published each year. Meta-analyses and systematic reviews can help researchers, but they can also prove useful for consumers and policymakers looking to draw conclusions on multiple studies.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding and insight into how to search for specific studies and randomized controlled trials in existing databases of scientific research.
- Explain why meta-analyses are important.
- Identify research questions which require the use of meta-analyses.
- Apply the methodological skills necessary to analyze reports of earlier studies and assess the quality of these studies.
- Conduct a simple meta-analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The number of studies examining relevant research questions is staggering. Each year thousands of new randomized controlled trials are conducted, and endless numbers of epidemiological and experimental studies are published each year.
- Meta-analyses and systematic reviews can help researchers, but they can also prove useful for consumers and policymakers looking to draw conclusions on multiple studies.
- Meta-analyses have become a major tool for summarising results of scientific research, and they are widely used for making policy decisions, developing treatment guidelines, and setting priorities for new research. In this course, students will learn why meta-analyses are important and how to carry out the necessary steps to conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Dates session 1: 5 July – 16 July
- Dates session 2: 19 July – 30 July
- The applications for the Summer School have just closed, but the VU Graduate Winter School will open soon!
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 6 other Short Courses in Psychology in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Transcript of records (a print screen of your most recent grades is sufficient and needs to include your name and the name of your University)
International700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.