Upon completion, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and tools to assess student understanding, clarify their goals and progress their learning.
This Assessment for Learning- Formative Assessment in Science and Maths Teaching track at FutureLearn is co-authored by experienced educators and leading researchers in the field; Professor Dylan Wiliam, Professor Chris Harrison and Dr Andrea Mapplebeck, in partnership with STEM Learning.
Key skills you will learn
- Formative Assessment
- Teaching Skills
- Science Teaching
- Mathematics Teaching
- Assessment for Learning
- Planning Teaching
By the end of the ExpertTrack, you’ll be able to...
- Develop a formative classroom culture that encourages dialogue, enables you to identify and address misconceptions, and prepares your students to be receptive and responsive to feedback.
- Identify your students’ starting points and how to plan to move their learning forward successfully through use of learning intentions and success criteria.
- Demonstrate a range of approaches to elicit evidence of student understanding, including the use of hinge-point questions and classroom talk, enabling you to respond to your students and adapt your teaching during and between lessons.
- Develop a range of approaches to involve students in oral and written feedback to progress their learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment for Learning
- Planning for Learning: Formative Assessment
- Feedback for Learning: Implementing Formative Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Teaching View 63 other Short Courses in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This ExpertTrack is for primary and secondary school teachers who are actively teaching, and interested in CPD training. Trainee teachers will need to be working with a class of students to get the most out of the courses. You’ll need an understanding of the subject knowledge you’re teaching in order to devise formative assessment strategies for your class.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 3 months.
National43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 3 months.
Tuition per month.
Price range in different currencies: £36 / $39 / €36
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.