The British Council’s CPD Framework identifies twelve professional practices that describe what a teacher does and help you plan your own professional development. These three courses look at all twelves practices from Knowing the Subject to 21st Century skills and provide you with a wealth of great suggestions and ideas to take into your own practice.
The first course in the How to Plan and Teach Great English Lessons at FutureLearn covers:
- Planning lessons and courses – what to consider and how to approach planning your lessons.
- Managing resources – assessing available resources and designing and making your own resources.
- Managing the lesson- what should the teacher do in the classroom to ensure that learning takes place?
- Taking responsibility for professional development - ideas for taking control of your own progress.
Key skills you will learn
- English language teaching
- Planning lessons
- Managing resources
- Assessing learning
- Teacher CPD
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lessons and Teaching
- Learning and Learners
- The Classroom and the World
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguages Educational Research Teaching View 26 other Short Courses in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You will need to be an English language or EFL teacher in order to benefit from this ExpertTrack. You do not need to have specific experience in the field, but you will need an intermediate level English (around B1 on the CEFR) in order to engage with the course materials.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 3 months.
National43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 3 months.
Tuition per month.
Price range in different currencies: £36 / $39 / €36
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.