The three featured courses explore strategies and approaches for incorporating practical work into science lessons.
By looking at context, progression, assessment, and learning outcomes, those involved in teaching science will develop approaches to improve engagement and encourage learning.
The three courses build up teaching practice by using examples from biology, physics, and chemistry.
The question of how to engage students in science subjects goes wider than just schools. It is a matter of record that we are facing a global STEM skills gap. Developing practical and scientific skills with students throughout school will be key to addressing this skills gap in the near future.
Key skills you will learn during the Teaching Practical Science - Progress Student Learning Through Hands-On Science ExpertTrack at FutureLearn
- Practical Work
- Teaching Science
- Planning Lessons
- Teaching with Contexts
- Teaching Science Experiments
- GCSE Teaching
- Active Learning
- Student Engagement
- Teaching Biology
- Teaching Chemistry
- Teaching Physics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching Practical Science: Biology
- Teaching Practical Science: Physics
- Teaching Practical Science: Chemistry
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 24 other Short Courses in Educational Research in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This ExpertTrack is aimed at those involved in teaching science in secondary schools, to students aged 14-16 years. You’ll need to have awareness of the science curriculum and health and safety requirements for teaching hands-on science in your local area.
- The courses are built around the UK GCSE framework, though the insights would be relevant to any science teaching context.
International43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 2 months.
National43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 2 months.
Tuition per month.
Price range in different currencies: £36 / $39 / €36
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.