Designed for those working in STEM careers and looking to volunteer with young people, these courses will help you bring your expertise into the classroom and inspire the next generation of STEM professionals.
Feedback from young people and fellow educators is highly valuable. We look at the different types of classroom feedback and find out how to use this information to assess how effective you are during STEM activities.
By understanding which student feedback tools to use when teaching science, technology, engineering, and maths in schools, you can begin to deliver more effective STEM lessons linked to the taught curriculum in your country.
Key skills you will learn during the Volunteering in the Classroom - Bringing STEM Industry into Schools course at FutureLearn
- STEM Activities
- Feedback Tools
- STEM Resources
- Youth engagement
- Diversity in STEM
- Evaluating Resources
- Risk Assessment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Volunteering in the Classroom: Adapting Resources for STEM Activities
- Volunteering in the Classroom: Planning and Organising Practical STEM Activities
- Volunteering in the Classroom: Communication Skills for STEM Volunteers
- Volunteering in the Classroom: Feedback, Reviewing and Improving STEM Activities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 63 other Short Courses in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This ExpertTrack would be suitable for you whether you’re new to volunteering with young people or experienced in working with STEM in schools and youth groups.
- This course was created for both for those starting out in a volunteer role, as well as individuals looking to develop their skills and improve their practice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 2 months.
National43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 2 months.
Tuition per month.
Price range in different currencies: £36 / $39 / €36
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.