The course will begin by exploring your understanding of autism, including the signs, symptoms, diagnosis, and potential causes. You’ll explore how special educational needs and disabilities can affect a child’s ability to learn.
Inclusivity in the classroom is extremely important, so you’ll explore how to develop an inclusive curriculum for autistic students.
You’ll also learn about the many modalities of schooling for students with autism, including general special schools, autism-specific special schools, autism units within mainstream schools, and being in a mainstream classroom.
By the end of Good Practice in Autism Education offered at FutureLearn , you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the educational requirements of children on the autism spectrum with and without intellectual (learning) difficulties
- Explain the concept of inclusion to promote inclusive culture, policies and practices within mainstream schools
- Reflect on what constitutes good practice for autism within educational settings
- Compare specific examples of good practice in autism education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Understanding autism and intellectual disabilities
- Developing an inclusive curriculum
- Good practice in autism education
- Sharing good practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Health Sciences View 13 other Short Courses in Special Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The primary target audience are those who work with autistic children in schools, such as teachers and teaching assistants. However all practitioners can benefit (eg speech and language therapists).
- The target age range is compulsory education (4-18 years). The course will also be of benefit to interested parents of autistic children, as well as the autistic community themselves.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
- Basic access: free
- Unlimited: $15.83/mon
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.