What is the purpose of museums in today’s world - a world obsessed with technology? On this course we explore what can be gained from interacting with museum collections and spaces, and how to use technology to encourage engagement.
You will consider the ways museum collections improve our understanding of history and how museums can use artefacts to engage learners. You will also explore how museums can better use their spaces to create learning experiences for all visitors.
By the end of The Museum as a Site and Source for Learning at FutureLearn , you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the way learning takes place in a museum setting
- Identify a range of learning strategies for a variety of audiences
- Effectively communicate personal ideas and collaborate with other learners to find solutions to issues
- Describe the complexities of label writing from a learning perspective and produce examples
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- It Starts With the Visitors
- The Exhibition Takes Centre Stage
- The Role of the Conservator/ Your Exhibition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Museum Studies View 3 other Short Courses in Museum Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Anyone with an interest in museums and their potential for learning.
- While the Educators themselves aren’t available to facilitate this run, we encourage you to engage with other learners and there are opportunities to do this throughout the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
- Basic access:free
- Unlimited: $15.83/month
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.