Public sector cuts have made the task of caring for vulnerable children more challenging than ever.
You’ll explore definitions of risk and vulnerability, good enough parenting, child development, and fostering meaningful relationships and attachments, examining these issues in the real-life context of budget cuts and increasing child poverty
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- What is meant and understood by the term vulnerability and risk?
- Assessing risk in various scenarios: exploring the links between poverty and risk and examine how risk is portrayed by the media and government
- Exploring theories of attachment and child development
- Examining developmental theories around the concept of containment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 days
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 13 other Short Courses in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This online childcare course will be suitable if you:
- Have no direct experience of the childcare field, but want to develop your career towards it
- Have recently began a childcare career and have little experience
- Have some experience and are interested in developing your qualifications further
- Find it difficult to access childcare courses for training and development
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 days.
Upgrade$89Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.