Dyslexia affects 10-15% of the population. Dyslexic students are often either exempted from the study of additional languages or they underperform in foreign language classes.
On this Dyslexia and Foreign Language Teaching at FutureLearn, you’ll discover the most up-to-date dyslexia definition, and how it affects a student’s ability to learn languages. You’ll explore the latest strategies for teaching dyslexic students and have access to a host of dyslexia teaching resources.
The materials and tasks in the course are designed to also be applicable to a variety of language learning contexts, including teaching English as a foreign language.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What is dyslexia?
- Dyslexia and learning an additional language
- Teaching vocabulary and grammar to students with dyslexia
- Developing phonological and orthographic awareness and reading skills
- 28 days
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 45 other Short Courses in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for professional language teachers, secondary school teachers, undergraduates, postgraduates and anyone with an interest in dyslexia and language learning.
- It offers you practical tools, as well as theoretical insights, to best accommodate and meet the needs of students with dyslexia.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 28 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 28 days.
Upgrade$104Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- Access to this course’s tests as well as a print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.