Many teachers have recently found themselves having to adapt quickly to dramatically different teaching contexts in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, which has resulted in widespread school, college, and university closures.
On Teaching Young Learners Online at British Council by FutureLearn from the British Council, you’ll explore online teaching in both theory and practice – how to plan accessible online lessons and assessments, what online safety looks like, and how best to build relationships with young learners.
You’ll come away understanding how to include and engage learners online, both in synchronous and asynchronous environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Meaningful interaction
- Engagement, content and differentiation
- Practice, assessment and progress
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 63 other Short Courses in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for English language teachers, teaching young learners (5-17) in an online environment. Experience of teaching in online contexts is not essential and both experienced and novice online teachers will benefit.
- While most of the context is based around English language learning, teachers of other subjects will also find the course valuable, as the principles of English language lesson planning apply to online teaching in general.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Upgrade$44Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.