Learn how to find and analyse sources, discover different research strategies, and tackle genealogy databases and wildcards. You’ll learn about the importance of names and explore the challenges that name changes cause for genealogists.
You’ll be introduced to the main source types including civil, church, census and military records and learn how to use these different kinds of data.
You’ll learn how to balance genealogical data and historical context, delve into local and general histories, and use maps and photographs to bring your family history to life.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysing documents
- Effective searching techniques
- Using major source types
- Genealogical proof and DNA testing
- Putting your research into context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 days
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 32 other Short Courses in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in genealogy.
The course will be suitable if you:
- have no experience with genealogy or family history research;
- have some experience with genealogical research but want to develop your skills and knowledge further;
- are a more experienced genealogical researcher but want to learn new searching, analytical or communication techniques or
- find it difficult to access opportunities for training and development.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 36 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 36 days.
- Basic access: free
- Unlimited: $15.83/month
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.