Are you wondering what skills you need for success in the IELTS Academic test? Maybe you want to know how IELTS examiners assess your level, or how to improve your band score? This course will help you find the answers, understand how to study for the test, and develop your academic English skills.
You’ll interact with experts and learners around the world. You’ll also have the chance to try authentic IELTS practice tasks and learn what skills they’re testing and how they’re marked.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English.
Inside IELTS - Preparing for the Test With the Experts is offeerd at FutureLearn.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- The content of the IELTS Academic test
- The skills you need in order to improve your IELTS score
- The way that IELTS candidates are assessed
- The range of tasks you need to complete in the IELTS test, and the skills that these tasks test
- Some of the skills that you need when studying at university where English is the language of instruction
- 35 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 45 other Short Courses in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This course is for anyone who wants to improve their IELTS score. It is especially useful for people who want to take IELTS Academic and go to university.
- We have tried to use simple English in the course as much as possible, but we recommend your English is at least level B1 (around IELTS band 4.5 or higher) to take the course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.