This course explores what inspires poetry, how we write poems and how to tell when your poem is finished.
Whether you’ve never written a poem before, or you‘ve been secretly writing away for some years, this course provides a positive environment in which to begin writing and to share your work with others.
The course follows the story of a poem from start to end, guiding you through the process of writing your own work step by step.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Experiment with different techniques and new exercises to help generate new work
- Develop your own ‘voice’ in your poems
- Discuss how to read poetry for new ideas
- Investigate what poets from the past and present say about how we write poetry
- Collaborate on each other’s work and reflect on how to give positive and encouraging comments
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discovering Poetry
- Writing Poetry
- Editing Poetry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguages Creative Writing Literature View 37 other Short Courses in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for anyone who wants to write poetry, you don’t need any past experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.