Experience mindfulness for yourself, and learn whether it really works. The Demystifying Mindfulness course is offered at Leiden University by FutureLearn.
Interest in meditation, mindfulness, and contemplation has grown rapidly in recent years. These practises are increasingly being seen as scientifically and psychologically valid forms of therapy.But what is mindfulness? And how exactly does it work? On this course you’ll explore the academic underpinnings of mindfulness – stripping away its ‘mystery’ once and for all.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe popular conceptions and misconceptions about mindfulness
- Interpret your own experiences of mindfulness practices
- Evaluate the social and political significance of mindfulness
- Compare different psychological and therapeutic approaches to mindfulness
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Psychology of Mindfulness
- Philosophy of Mindfulness
- Politics of Mindfulness
- Mindfulness into the Future
- Volunteer Project
- 42 days
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSociology Health Sciences View 138 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for mindfulness beginners and professionals, academics and non-academics. If you’re interested in mindfulness – whatever the level – you’ll enjoy discovering its academic underpinnings, allowing you to judge for yourselves and examine sources.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $49
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.