In this AI for Healthcare - Equipping the Workforce for Digital Transformation course from The University of Manchester by FutureLearn you will build your digital understanding and become a champion for AI in healthcare.
AI is transforming healthcare in a variety of beneficial ways, from streamlining workflow processes to making more precise patient diagnoses. However, this is not without its challenges.
The University of Manchester has partnered with Health Education England to create a course for you to see real-world examples of how AI is transforming areas such as radiology, pathology, and nursing.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the benefits and challenges of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in healthcare across the broader spectrum of the health sector
- Explore the concepts, ethical principles and approaches of AI within healthcare
- Investigate the challenges and opportunities of data in healthcare to transform patient care
- Explore the roles, teams and skills required to enable AI in healthcare
- Apply learning to authentic and practice-based case studies which look at a range of applications of AI
- Develop current practice, skills and knowledge to support recommendations from the Topol Review
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Motivating AI in healthcare
- What is artificial intelligence?
- Data in healthcare
- Making it work
- Supporting and skilling the workforce
- 35 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 13 other Short Courses in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for health and social care professionals in the UK.
- It is relevant to any non-UK healthcare professionals who want to understand the basic concepts, challenges and opportunities of AI in their respective healthcare systems.
- The course is also useful for those with relevant skills outside the NHS who have an interest in new professional groups emerging from AI, such as clinical data scientists, medical software engineers, and digital medicine specialists.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 35 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 35 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $74
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.