What is risk? Why does it matter, to us and to the financial markets? What are the principles that drive the management of risk? Can we ensure that these principles are implemented wisely?
This Risk Management in the Global Economy course from SOAS University of London by FutureLearn will look at risk management in its broadest terms, giving you the opportunity to evaluate the crucial role played by risk in the global economy, both in terms of its opportunities and its potential dangers.
Understand financial investments and the associated risks
With experts from the Centre for Financial and Management Studies at SOAS University of London, you’ll look at practical examples of financial investments, to examine:
- the main functions of finance and of risk management
- the main forms of financial investment, such as stocks and bonds, derivatives, futures and options, hedging and speculation strategies
- how firms hedge risk by using financial derivatives
- how risk management is applied in the financial and in the non-financial sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding risk management
- Understanding financial investment, including stocks and bonds, derivatives, futures and options, hedging and speculation strategies
- Measuring and monitoring risk, including managing portfolios and calculating risk and returns
- Applications of risk management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 days
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Risk Management View 8 other Short Courses in Risk Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course offers a broad overview of risk, and will be of interest to those looking to better understand financial instruments and their impact on the global economy.
- This is a general level course, however some knowledge of economics or finance may be useful.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $74
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.