Poor quality builds have a detrimental impact on the construction industry. On this course, you will tackle this problem with professional research and insight into the delivery of quality construction and development projects.
You will look at the current issues faced by the construction industry and how quality management has developed in construction and elsewhere. You will also address the practical steps that can be made to ensure construction quality. Upon completion of the course, you will become more confident at instilling a culture of quality on all your construction projects.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the impacts of poor quality in construction
- Explain and define quality in construction
- Summarise the history of quality management in various industries
- Discuss relevant legislation, regulations and standards
- Explain the principles of embedding a culture of quality in construction
- Investigate quality management methods and systems
The CPD Certification Service: This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Defining quality in construction and its importance to those who build and interact with buildings and infrastructure.
- The social, economic and human costs associated with poor quality.
- A history of quality management in construction and other industries
- The role and importance of training and education
- Legal and regulatory environment for quality management
- Putting quality into practice; methods, processes and systems.
- Changing an organisation to instill a culture of quality in construction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology Urban Planning View 32 other Short Courses in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for construction professionals at all career levels and for clients and end users who want to learn more about what can be done to achieve quality buildings.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
- Basic access: free
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.