Explore how circular economy can foster sustainable urban food systems.
In a scenario where the world’s population will reach 9 billion people in 2050, with almost 70% of them concentrated in urban areas and requiring three times more resources than we currently use, the traditional ‘linear economy’ is no longer suitable.
On this Circular Business Models for Sustainable Urban Food Systems course from EIT Food by FutureLearn, you’ll discover how to design and build circular food systems for resilient, smart and sustainable cities.You’ll explore the catalytic role of cities to foster healthy and inclusive food policies, adopting systems thinking, institutional innovation, and participatory approaches in order to fulfill the 2030 SDGs.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the Circular Economy principles, concepts and measurements in the context of SDGs
- Identify and assess challenges and opportunities when designing Circular Food Systems
- Assess how Urban Food Policies can support urban-rural linkages and guide the transition to Sustainable Urban Food Systems
- Develop and assess Circular Business Models and their role in creating product-service combinations to achieve Food Circularity
- Develop skills and practical tools to disseminate awareness and educate third parties on Urban Food Circularity to foster Sustainable Food Systems
The CPD Certification Service: The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 and is the leading independent CPD accreditation institution operating across industry sectors to complement the CPD policies of professional and academic bodies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thinking and Acting Circular in the context of SDGs: why and for whom?
- Designing Circular Food Systems: Challenges and Opportunities
- Unlocking Value Creation through Circular Business Models
- Engaging Food System Stakeholders Effectively
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is primarily designed for policymakers, public institutions, intermediaries, and educators. It would also appeal to anyone with an interest in issues of sustainability and urban food systems.
- The Educators won’t be able to join the discussions themselves or respond to individual comments, but the course encourages a strong learning community. The learning is focused around debate and discussion – supporting other learners, sharing your own experience and knowledge, and listening to new perspectives. We hope that you will enjoy interacting with and learning from each other in this way.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $49
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.