With an ever expanding availability of health technology, clinicians are facing increasing pressure to understand how technology can assist in delivering tailored, effective service delivery and implement it in their practice. This pressure, combined with rapid growth in the healthcare sector, has resulted in a growing skills gap in technology enabled patient care in Australia.
Our Technology Enabled Care course at RMIT University looks to address some of these issues by covering the key skills and knowledge required to assess and implement consumer health technologies such as digital apps, games, and wearable biosensors to improve health outcomes. You’ll gain experience applying the latest evidence based technology in your day-to-day practice and get access to the latest research to support patient care and coaching.
What you'll learn
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to:
• Evaluate, apply contemporary and relevant industry frameworks, the risks, barriers and success factors to adoption of current consumer and patient technologies• Critically analyse approaches to efficacious, patient-centric, technology-enabled health and wellbeing• Recommend digitally enabled approaches to patient care that support patient outcomes and wellbeing
- Consumers and determinants of good health
- Patient-centered care: what is it and why is technology an opportunity?
- What apps and other health tech can do in patient care?
- Patient engagement in telehealth and virtual care
- Health coaching with tech — humanity before
Our Technology Enabled Care course is designed for: • Junior or mid-career health care professionals including frontline nurses, psychologists, and other allied health professionals looking to upskill and incorporate individual digital health technologies in clinical practice. Ideal students will also want to stay ahead of industry best practice in consumer centred care• General practitioners (GPs) looking to stay ahead of the curve in assessing and incorporating preventative and therapeutic health technologies into their practice
- 42 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHealth Administration General Engineering & Technology Health Informatics View 8 other Short Courses in Health Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To enroll in our courses, you must be 18 years or older.
- We welcome students from all diverse backgrounds, however, we find that those with a self-starter and inquisitive mindset thrive the best in our courses. With our expert mentors supporting you every step of the way, we're confident you will have all the tools required to succeed.
International990 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 AUD for the full programme during 42 days.
National990 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 AUD for the full programme during 42 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.