Reviews of prognosis studies are much more challenging because of more variation in questions & designs, specific sources of bias & variation, and more complex statistical meta-analytical models. Several advances regarding the design, critical appraisal and statistical analysis in systematic reviews of prognosis studies, have recently been made.
The number of primary studies evaluating prognostic factors and models is rising per day. Alike for therapies and diagnostic tests, critically summarizing and analyzing the evidence form prognosis studies in a systematic review and meta analysis is beneficial for health care professionals seeking the best evidence.
The Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis of Prognosis Research course at Utrecht University consists of plenary presentations, small-group discussions, and computer exercises.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
By the end of the course, you'll should be able to:
- Explain the rationale for performing a systematic review of prognostic studies
- List the key steps of a systematic review of prognostic studies
- Formulate a focused review question addressing a prognostic problem
- Systematically search the literature
- Critically appraise the evidence from primary prognostic studies
- Formulate the difficulties of meta-analysis of prognostic research
- Meta-analyses of performance of prognostic models
- Meta-analyses of the added value of specific prognostic factors
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 14 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Enrollment deadline 1 Nov
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Management Health Sciences View 18 other Short Courses in Health Management in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enroll in this course, you need:
- A BSc or MSc degree in biomedical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, medicine or veterinary medicine, or a comparable degree
- Access to the program R
- We strongly recommend that you take part in our online course Prognostic Research, prior to enrolling in this course
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International870 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA870 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.