The Trading for Beginners course from My Trading Skills will answer the three vital questions all new traders ask themselves:
- Is trading right for me?
- How do I do it successfully?
- Where do I start?
Trading your own capital on the financial markets is a double-edged sword, if done successfully it can unlock benefits some can only dream of: financial freedom, flexibility, and a scalable business. If done unsuccessfully it can be frustrating, time-consuming, and costly. This course will teach you how to be on the right side of this divide and start you down a clear, proven road-map.
What you'll learn:
- Clear, unequivocal answers to the three questions all new traders ask
- 10 golden rules new traders should follow to be successful
- 2 simple trading strategies you can go away and use today
- How leverage works for you or against you if you don’t know how to manage it
- What markets are and which ones suit you – are you an FX, index or stock trader?
- How traders use derivatives products to profit from prices falling, as well as rising
- A complete set of trading terms and concepts you need to get started
- Your trading style – are you a scalper, investor or something in between?
- How traders find potential trades in live markets
- How to place a live trade in line with a clear trading strategy
- The techniques you should use to limit your risk and maximize your upside
- How to use the key functions of a trading platform
- How to select the right broker, your gateway to the markets
- Lots of live trades so you can see how trading is done by an experienced trader
How to take the course
Trading for Beginners combines 18 on-demand online lessons and a live workshop with our Head Tutor Phillip Konchar. You can start and complete the on-demand elements of the course at any time, either before or after attending the live workshop. Students can take the full course on desktop, mobile, or tablet.
We provide you with lifetime access to the course, so you can come back and refresh your knowledge or attend the live workshop as often as you want.
Live workshop schedule
Hosted on Zoom and run weekly on Wednesdays at 12 noon GMT and 6pm GMT alternately the live workshop reinforces the key topics, using live markets where useful. It is your chance to ask questions, listen to questions from fellow students, and really get to understand trading.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Welcome to trading (5 mins)
- Markets (10)
- Products (10)
- Trading styles (10)
- Understanding the lingo (20)
- Margin & leverage (10)
How to trade
- 10 golden trading rules (20)
- How traders find opportunities (10)
- Trendline support strategy (10)
- Trendline resistance strategy (10)
- Limit your risk (15)
- Brokers (10)
- Trading platforms - MT4 (15)
- Trading platforms - web (15)
- Trading plan (10)
- Technology (5)
- 3 simple questions (5)
- Next steps (5)
- Live workshop
- Knowledge check
- Beginners taking their first steps in trading
- Competent traders wanting a refresh
- 1 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Commerce View 102 other Short Courses in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You don’t need any experience of trading or the financial markets – just an open mind and a positive attitude.
- To get the best experience when watching the videos in the course we recommend a broadband speed of at least 2mbs or a strong 4G signal.
International9 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD for the full programme during 1 days.
National9 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD for the full programme during 1 days.
- Full price: $39.00
- Reduced price: $9.00
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.