In the ProAction 2021 Edition - Climate Action Summer School from Nova School of Business and Economics, you will be confronted with a Challenge that is daring but feasible, and scalable. It won’t be easily solved but it has the potential of positively impacting the lives of the broader community. Your ideas and inspiration will be irreplaceable to find solutions that create a long-lasting impact. For this to happen, Challenge Owners will implement your idea in the real world and report on its implementation a year later at the Estoril Conferences in 2022. Together we can take action to combat climate change and its consequences.
The Global Goals are interconnected – often the key to success on one will involve tackling issues more commonly associated with another. To ensure that the overarching Challenge of Climate Action is addressed through a holistic and systematic approach, our Summer School is organised around three transversal themes. You will look at Climate Action either from a perspective of transforming cities, advancing green growth, or safeguarding our oceans.
While you will work on your selected stream, there will be also forms of interconnection, feedback, and shared visions.
What is in for you?
- A Summer School organized by Portugal’s leading and top-ranked business school Nova SBE: Experience first-class teaching by our faculty, staff, experts from across Europe and meet sustainable business solutions powered by Nova SBE Alumni.
- Work with top leaders from the corporate world: Business leaders will bring a daring Challenge to our Summer School. Join them and create innovative ideas to solve the Challenge.
- Be part of the ideas’ revolution to implement the Global Goals: As a participant of our Summer School you will work on a real-life Challenge being brought by a Challenge Owner and followed with a report at the Estoril Conferences in 2022.
- The future we need – develop a mindset for change: Unlock your potential and the potential of others to find solutions to the most pressing challenges our world is facing. You will look beyond and engage in trans-disciplinary conversations and turn uncertainty into a powerful resource.
- Going beyond the classic sight-seeing activities: Our free time activities are linked with the theme of the Summer School and will provide you with a unique learning experience from your arrival in Portugal until your departure.
- Broaden your horizon and network with a unique view: During the program, you will participate in two dynamic events in an oceanfront surrounding, where you will meet leading representatives of our challenge owners and bid farewell to your immersive experience with a dinner among new friends and colleagues in a traditional Portuguese restaurant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Day 1: Welcome event
- Day 2: Understand the Challenge
- Day 3: Leveraging Knowledge
- Day 4: Exploring Opportunities
- Day 5: Zoom Out
- Day 6: Experience transformation
- Day 7: Cultural Immersion
- Day 8: From Local to Global
- Day 9: Ideathon
- Day 10: Pioneering Work in Progress
- Day 11: Shaping the Future
- Day 12: Change Pitch
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Finding solutions to the world’s challenges will require creative and innovative approaches. We invite Bachelor Students, Master Students, and recent graduates from all disciplines as well as young professionals with a passion and commitment for the Global Goals to apply for our program.
Furthermore, the following criteria are requested:
- Possess a good standard of English language and comprehension (C1) to participate. Participants do not need to provide a language test result.
- You are responsible to arrange your own entry visa, if applicable. Once you have been admitted to the program, you can ask for an admission letter for your visa application.
- To be able to fully participate in our program you are required to bring your own laptop/tablet.
- If you are studying at one of our partner Schools and would like to apply for a discount, we will also request a subscription confirmation from your School.
International3600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR for the full programme during 12 days.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR for the full programme during 12 days.
Early bird: Nova SBE Students, Partner School
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.