Entirely online, this course is ideal for any applicant intending to progress in higher education or in a career within an art or design discipline. Delivered by the multi-disciplinary staff team of the Graduate Diploma at the RCA, this practical and advanced short course offers expert advice in the application process, in studio practice, academic skills, and technical support.
You will learn to:
- evaluate progression aims and requirements
- discover your own personal creative practice, skills and ideas and how to situate them
- position your practice in relation to progression objectives
- develop strategies for presenting creative work in professional contexts
- design a portfolio in preparation for application to a higher education programme in art and design at the RCA or elsewhere, and to use in professional practice for career progression.
The short practical online course takes place over 3 weeks, with 9 days of contact time.
Gary Clough - head of Programme for the RCA’s Graduate Diploma Art & Design
Richard Nash - Tutor on the Graduate Diploma Art & Design
- 9 days
- 12 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Fully structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 40 other Short Courses in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
IELTS 5.5 minimum
A body of current creative work in a digital format
An undergraduate degree in a related art or design field, or a demonstrably creative background
- Familiarity with industry standard software packages (e.g., Adobe InDesign, Photoshop)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.