Highly successful businesses have shown that strategic business decisions need to be driven by data analyses. The ability to gather information from data is an in-demand skill that is valuable in any industry. This is why data analytics is among the fastest-growing professions today. Data analysis requires more than relying on reports and statistical analysis. It requires a balance of technical skills and analytical abilities to determine clear, actionable business solutions.
University of California, Irvine (UCI) ’s 3-month post-graduate level ACP Data Analytics for Business covers a wide array of topics; students will learn the fundamental concepts behind collecting, storing, and analyzing data. Through descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics, students will also learn how to utilize analytic tools and models to reliably forecast trends and behaviors, effectively utilize visualization tools, and create effective strategies.
- Define appropriate business goals for implementing better data-driven decisions
- Develop actionable plans from existing corporate data and initiatives to evaluate the effectiveness of current strategies
- Create and explain data visualizations to support data understanding
- Perform data analysis on various data sets using industry-standard tools
- Utilize a variety of analytics techniques for model training and validation
- Collect, select, describe, profile, and prepare data from various sources for analysis
- Explain the differences between descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics and how each fits into the data analytics workflow
- Develop plans to deploy analytics models, including monitoring, maintenance, and formal review of the project
- Create decision plans to optimize business processes, mitigate risks, and guide decision making
- Communicate model and analytics results to all levels of management
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analyzing Data for Business Goals
- Python Programming
- Descriptive Analytics: Data Visualization and Storytelling with Data
- Predictive Analytics: Tools and Techniques
- Prescriptive Analytics: Digital Decisioning
- Data Analytics Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 126 other Short Courses in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Evidence of a university degree and/or substantial academic or professional experience
- Students must be at least 18 years of age or older
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7900 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National7900 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.