You will be directed remotely by the tutor and provided with the technical know-how to act specifically for camera.
The Level 2 - Acting: For Camera (online) programme is offered by The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
This course is designed for students who have completed Level 1 - Acting for Camera
- Develop a deeper understanding of the technical aspects of shooting a scene and how this affects your performance as the character
- Explore how to improve your audition self-tapes using what is available in your home
- Explore how to adjust your performance for current ways of filming, including socially distanced and online
- Learn how to physically choreograph a scene for camera (‘blocking’)
- Rehearse complex scenes from television and film
- Create short film projects
- Work on monologues for screen
- Record your individual shots, which you will submit to the tutor, who will then edit them together with your scene partner’s to create the edited scene
- Please note, you do not produce a show reel as part of this course but you will get to see the footage that is produced throughout the course as part of the learning process
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 40 other Short Courses in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Anyone who has taken Acting: For Camera 1 or has taken an equivalent introductory acting for camera classes elsewhere
- Anyone with existing experience in screen acting
- The minimum age is 18 on the first day of the course. There is no upper age limit.
International299 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 299 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
National299 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 299 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.