Summer Academy offers students who are about to enter Year 13 the opportunity to attend online classes and workshops over five-days from Leeds Conservatoire.
This performance strand will support a wide range of musical interests including classical,jazz, and popular music.
Students will experience a range of workshops introducing them to the skills needed for the new digital music industry, composition, theory, ensemble and solo performance, and how to prepare for higher education applications and auditions.
Learning in the Digital Space
Summer Academy - Performance at Leeds Conservatoire students will have access to Leeds Conservatoire's virtual learning environment SPACE giving students access to interactive resources and the ability to upload a mixture ofvideos and recordings.
All lessons will be delivered via Zoom so students can discuss new topics and concepts with their tutors and peers, as well as having individual time to implement new topics into their own practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students will also receive Industry Insight workshops increasing their knowledge in:
- Developing skills needed for the new digital music industry
- Nurture online collaborative writing skills ready for the international song-writing industry
- Adapt to the new evolving world of live stream performances
- Investigate the varied streams of income for musicians in the digital age
- Hone online networking skills and build contacts with like-minded musicians
- Prepare for higher education applications and auditions
- 6 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 21 other Short Courses in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Age: Year 12 Students (16-18 Years Old)
- We recommend that students attending this Summer School pathway have a working knowledge of music theory, and a performance standard on their instrument of grade 6 (or above).
International275 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 275 GBP for the full programme during 6 days.
National275 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 275 GBP for the full programme during 6 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.