Are you the only Chef in the kitchen? Is your infrastructure suffering from snowflake servers? Are you sick and tired of provisioning machines by hand every time you need to put out a fire? Configuring infrastructure shouldn’t be painful, it should be a joy.
Chef is a platform for the DevOps workflow, and is used to automate and manage it all--infrastructure, run-time environments and applications. The most enduring and transformative companies use Chef to become fast, efficient, and innovative software-driven organizations.
Join Robin Beck as he automates everything in this comprehensive introduction to Chef.
Chef Fundamentals - A Recipe For Automating Infrastructure is offered at Simpliv
Learn to combine resources into recipes, recipes into cookbooks, and transform your infrastructure into code. With Chef we’ll learn to use the power of the Ruby language to eloquently describe the state of a system, whether you’re new to automation or have been administering systems since 1992. We’ll learn how to locally configure a server with the Chef Development Kit, then use the power of a Chef Server to distribute your cookbook to one, or a hundred systems.
This fundamentals class will cover the basics of infrastructure as code. Start by learning about Chef architecture and the tools included in the ChefDK (Chef Development Kit). Then learn how to use a Chef Server to distribute your cookbooks to multiple servers as you push your application to production.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chef and Configuration Management
- Resources: Chef's Basic Building Blcrks
- The chef-client
- Other Common Resources
- 1 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 649 other Short Courses in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Before taking this course, we recommend some prior experience writing code. This can be just about any flavor! You don't have to be an expert developer to get started with Chef, and you don't need to be familiar with Ruby
- Understand how to use a command-line text editor, like Vi, Emacs or Nano to edit files.
- Beginner-level experience navigating a Terminal, such as Powershell or Bash, and using it to perform basic file manipulations
- A basic understanding of system administration, such as what it means to install and configure packages and start services
International10 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10 USD for the full programme during 1 days.
National10 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10 USD for the full programme during 1 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.