The aim of this summer school is to provide an overview of aquaculture production in Europe, showcase the worldwide opportunities, outline the current barriers and facilitators to production, and encourage talented recruits and aspiring entrepreneurs into the sector and to create innovative solutions to address the challenges to production.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Summer School will include a mixture of online learning materials, guest speakers and activities related to food security and sustainable aquaculture production:
- Food security; challenges in the food system; and the role of aquaculture in taking pressure off over-exploited and wild fisheries and feeding a growing population
Finfish and shellfish culturing methods - introductory training and theory
Algal biotechnology – incorporating both micro and macro algae and how they are involved in the sustainable aquaculture pipeline
- Aquaculture governance and society, covering governance in aquaculture and marine management legal and regulatory frameworks; public perception, social license and behaviour; and engagement, communication and marketing
- Barriers and facilitators to aquaculture production, from a stakeholder’s perspective
- Entrepreneurship content to facilitate the development of innovative solutions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Sustainable Development Aquaculture & Fisheries
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The aquaculture summer school is designed for individuals that are passionate to transform our food system into a fair, healthy and environmentally-friendly food system for all. In particular, we are looking for aspiring entrepreneurs with a keen interest in the aquaculture and the marine sector, who would love to come up with innovative potential business ideas to revolutionise the industry.Ideally, we are seeking Undergraduates, Masters students, PhD students, Posts-Docs, young professionals or aspiring entrepreneurs interested in aquaculture.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International250 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 EUR for the full programme
National250 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 EUR for the full programme
A small portion of the total cost of the program is charged as a participation fee. Course fees for 2021-entry will be EUR 250.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.