You will learn how to develop healthy innovative food products for consumers with specific nutritional needs. Get to know the problem: Understand the target groups with specific nutritional needs or where nutrients are currently lacking in a particular population group. Understand how to develop food products; from the consumer understanding and ingredients, through to food processing, food safety and packaging, as well understanding the UK and EU's policy landscape. Collaborate with other learners to design and assess existing product formulation processes and learn how to communicate with various stakeholders to become the future of food entrepreneurship!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learners will develop their knowledge about the nutritional needs of these populations and how they differ to the general population. These will include infants, children, adolescents, or older adults. These group will be targeted as they are most at risk of nutritional deficiency or overnutrition, which can have implications for the development of non-communicable diseases and life-long ill health.
- Learner will apply their nutrition knowledge to devise a new product for a specific target group.
- Learners will be challenged to synthesis a defined product specification, evaluate, and construct the progression of a new food product from the development stage to commercial production.
- Leaners will analyse the product lifecycle and evaluate the environmental impact.
- Learners will be supported by food industry representatives allowing students to develop creative thinking, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Agriculture View 5 other Short Courses in Entrepreneurship in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The course is open to Bachelor, MSc and PhD students as well as graduates and professionals interesting in nutrition or food. The course would also suit aspiring entrepreneurs or professionals wishing to move into this sector.
English is a necessity.
International220 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 220 EUR per year
National250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 EUR per year
A small portion of the total cost of the program is charged as a participation fee. Course fees for 2021-entry will be EUR 250.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.