You will have the ability to customise your studies by selecting from a range of modules in various healthcare and management topics alongside our compulsory offer, including:
- the management of disease, including pathophysiology and pharmacology
- the principles of pain management
- the theoretical knowledge required to support the delivery and management of diabetes care both in primary and secondary healthcare settings
- the role of nurses in meeting the needs of vulnerable individuals, groups and communities
- the scientific concepts underpinning infection control and prevention
- contemporary models and strategies to guide the design of effective health promotion activities
- practical leadership skills underpinned by a critical appreciation of leadership theory
Why we’re great
- You can achieve a respected qualification in just 8 months without any need to take a break from work.
- This Nursing course from University of Essex Online contributes towards your required CPD and will allow you to further your skills and knowledge.
- Our range of optional modules means that, whatever your clinical background or future career goals, you will find topics of relevance to you.
MSc Nursing will help you begin your progression from wholly clinical roles to middle and senior management positions within nursing. Potential job titles may include: Ward Manager, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Senior Staff Nurse or Nursing Officer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Practice Portfolio
- Evidence-based Decision Making in Practice
- Healthcare Management: Principles and Practices
- Applied Pathophysiology and Pharmacology in the Management of Disease
- Health Promotion
- Healthcare Leadership in Practice
- Diabetes: Prevention, Care and Management
- Principles and Practices of Pain Management
- Meeting the Needs of Vulnerable Patients
- Infection Prevention and Quality Improvement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
University of Essex Online have regular intakes throughout the year – apply now and you could start your course soon!
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 144 other Short Courses in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our MSc nursing programme students must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a health or social care related subject from an approved institution
- working in clinical practice as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board.
Students who do not have a degree may be eligible for entry and will be considered on an individual basis. In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Cert Nursing, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ post qualification work experience as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board, supported by appropriate references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3945 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3945 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
National3945 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3945 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.