- the general principles of transnational contract law
- the remit, procedures and operation of the World Trade Organisation
- competition law and how it is implemented at a national and international level
You will develop skills in critical thinking, time management and research skills alongside important legal knowledge. After finishing your PG Dip, you can continue on to our full LLM International Business Law.
Why we’re great
- Gain a highly recognised postgraduate qualification in just 16 months.
- Each student is supported by a dedicated team of Student Advisers, who act as their mentor and guide from admission through to graduation.
- Receive your degree from the University of Essex, a top 30 UK university (Complete University Guide 2022)
The specialist legal knowledge you will gain is of particular use to those working within roles connected to global commerce, such as a lawyer within an international law firm, a multinational company doing business across borders, a governmental organisation regulating trade, or a research position looking into the future of business. The skills you gain will further enhance your CV to unlock senior role possibilities.
Qualified solicitors or barristers will also be able to use the skills and knowledge gained from studying the course to meet their annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Business Law
- Law of the World Trade Organization
- International Competition Law
- Legal Research Skills and Methods
- Commerical Conflict of Laws
- Intellectual Property Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
University of Essex Online have regular intakes throughout the year – apply now and you could start your course soon!
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law International Business View 10 other Short Courses in International Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Dip International Business Law, you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Cert International Business Law, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least five years’ senior-level work experience
Work experience entry route (if not eligible see academic entry route)
You must meet the following criteria:
- at least five years’ relevant work experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5918 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7891 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
National5918 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7891 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.