What skills will you learn?
- Knowledge of different teaching methods and approaches and how these relate to the communicative approach.
- A wider knowledge of teaching techniques and how they can be applied in the classroom
- Working knowledge of the communicate approach
- Ability to plan and structure a language lesson
- Improved teaching skills in the area of teaching speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Understand and apply a communicative methodology
- Design a variety of different types of communicative activity
- Plan and deliver a communicative lesson
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Teaching English View 34 other Short Courses in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at FutureLearn and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- This microcredential is designed for those with some experience of learning and/or teaching a language undergraduate qualification. It will also suit you if you have a language teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA or any other recognised qualification in any language).
- You should also have a high level of proficiency in English (IELTS 6.5 with no less than 6.5 in any band) and a reasonable level of digital literacy.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1079 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National1079 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.