With a variety of datasets at our disposal, being able to use data to answer questions and gain insight into learner behaviour is a valuable tool in both research and applied practice.
Directly studying the effects of these artefacts is often very difficult, and data science offers methods of finding out “what actually happened” from the data, allowing developers and designers the opportunity to improve the use of technology, and aid students in their learning goals. This Applied Data Science for Learning Environments short course is offered by University of Birmingham online .
Why study Applied Data Science for Learning Environments at Birmingham?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Critically understand and apply summary statistics.
- Critically understand and apply summary machine learning to breakdown data.
- Use appropriate data science technologies to summarise and visualise data stories.
- Understand and apply the ethics of data.
- Appreciate data science techniques for learning and education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Each course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to design programmes of learning which will meet the needs of a wide range of learners and organisations in an expanding field.
- We have taken an innovative interdisciplinary approach with our Design for Learning Environments courses, incorporating aspects of design, technology, education, the social sciences, data science and digital development to provide you with a rich diversity of perspectives.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 33 other Short Courses in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- In order to be eligible for the Developing Digital Artefacts for Learning Postgraduate Micro-credential short course, you will need to possess (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree or equivalent from a UK university or recognised international institution.
- You may also be eligible to apply with a lower second class degree plus 2 years’ work experience in design, computing or education, or no degree plus 5 or more years’ work experience in the above areas.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to also supply an up-to-date English language certificate. We accept up to date Academic IELTS certificates with a score of 6.0, and no less than 5.5 in any band.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International850 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National850 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.