It is a broad and introductory module which will give students the starting points to explore different theories which suit their interests and fields of practice.
Explore different perspectives on how we learn and how to help others learn, evaluating the behavioural, cognitive, social and networked perspectives on learning, and approaches for application in your own learning environment.
Once you have finished this 8-week course, you will be awarded an official University of Birmingham Postgraduate Micro-credential certificate (worth 10 academic credits) and a transcript. You will be able to use these academic credits to apply for advanced entry to the University of Birmingham’s full Online PGCert Design for Learning Environments qualification.
Why study Perspectives on Learning at Birmingham?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate behavioural, cognitive and social perspectives on learning.
- Examine and critically evaluate classic and contemporary learning theories for the learning environments.
- Apply learning theories to real life scenarios to critique their strengths and weakness in practice.
- Explore appropriate assessment strategies for different theoretical perspectives and environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our Design for Learning Environments Postgraduate Micro-credential short courses will allow you to focus on specific areas in order for you to develop your career in the way that you want to.
- Each course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to design programmes of learning which will meet the needs of a wide range of learners and organisations in an expanding field.
- We have taken an innovative interdisciplinary approach with our Design for Learning Environments courses, incorporating aspects of design, technology, education, the social sciences, data science and digital development to provide you with a rich diversity of perspectives.
- You will work with academics, active practitioners and designers of learning environments from the fields of education, computer science, theoretical physics and engineering - each bringing their own unique disciplinary perspectives to instructional design.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Adult Education View 13 other Short Courses in Special Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- In order to be eligible for the Perspectives on Learning Postgraduate Micro-credential short course, you will need to possess (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree or equivalent from a UK university or recognised international institution.
- You may also be eligible to apply with a lower second class degree plus 2 years’ work experience in design, computing or education, or no degree plus 5 or more years’ work experience in the above areas.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to also supply an up-to-date English language certificate. We accept up to date Academic IELTS certificates with a score of 6.0, and no less than 5.5 in any band.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International850 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National850 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.