Small charities understand that to compete in a tough economic climate they should engage with digital media and video content. But a lack of staff, time, knowledge and resources can get in the way.This practical video production Low-Budget Video Production - Visual Communication for Small Charities at FutureLearn is designed to bridge that gap and help small charities develop the skills they need for successful video production.
Understand the strength of video in telling powerful human stories
You’ll gain an insight into the strengths and weaknesses of video as a medium of communication, where and how to use it to powerful effect, and how to tie it in with your charity’s overall message and ethos.As part of the course, you’ll also have access to a well-researched collection of videos made by small charities, inspirational examples of the type of visual storytelling you could be able to achieve.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The strengths of video – powerful human stories
- Potential online and offline uses of video for small charities
- Editorial decision making
- The production team and resources
- Realising a range of visual styles using your phone
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 48 other Short Courses in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is suited to anyone planning to produce videos who works within the small charity sector such as charity staff, volunteers and service users.
- It is also useful to those with existing production and video marketing experience who would like to work within the sector, or those from larger charities interested in a fresh approach to using video as a visual storytelling tool.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.