As the fashion industry’s future leaders and decision-makers, students in the fashion industry today have the potential to steer the industry to a fur-free and sustainable future.
On Compassion in Fashion - Sustainability and the Global Fur Trade at FutureLearn , you’ll examine fashion sustainability through the lens of the fur industry.
As you learn about how the fur production process impacts animals, humans, and the environment, you’ll have the chance to reflect on what you want your future in fashion to look like.
You’ll start the course by developing your knowledge of how the fashion industry impacts air, water, land, and waste pollution.
Using fur farming as a focus topic, you’ll develop your understanding of the fur production process, learning how the fur trade impacts everyone from the farmers themselves to animal welfare.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fur-free fashion
- Sustainability in the fashion industry
- Environmental impact of the fur industry and fashion
- Human welfare and the impact of the fashion industry
- Animal welfare and the impact of the fur industry
- Critical thinking, values building, business and communications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Sustainable Development Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 57 other Short Courses in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for anyone who cares about sustainable fashion and fur-free fashion.
- It will be particularly applicable to the study of higher education fashion students studying in either the design, communications or business fields.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.