In the last four decades, we have been witnessing a turn in cognitive sciences, social sciences, and the humanities: the turn toward understanding learning, feeling and cognizing as situational embedded, embodied activities. For short: The turn toward enacted, embodied cognition (‘EEC’).
The purpose of the Enacting Education course from Aarhus University is to enable the students to acquire knowledge and understanding of central theories and cutting-edge research of embodied and enacted cognition in relation to practices and theories of learning, pedagogy and didactics.
It is also the purpose, that the students obtain skills for applying this knowledge and understanding in the identification, discussion, analysis and communication of relevant problems within the educational field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe course covers:
- Historical roots of EEC, i.e. classical phenomenology, classical pragmatism, behaviorism, and enactivism;
- Various forms of representationalism in cognitive science, learning theory, psychology and philosophy, which still very much is the ruling paradigm, and against which EEC is a reaction;
- A number of theoretical issues, reflecting specific research perspectives/interests of the teachers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 19 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3 other Short Courses in Teaching in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply for the course you must hold a bachelor's degree in sociology of education, education studies or a related degree.
- Exchange students: nomination from your home university
- Freemovers: documentation for English Language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1373 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1373 EUR for the full programme during 19 days.
EU/EEA830 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 EUR for the full programme during 19 days.
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.