As the world is coming out of a devastating pandemic, it becomes crucial to understand the socio-historical conditions that made it possible as well as those that are being formed in its aftermath. It is also important to understand how these conditions are presentified in the function of education systems, and the very purpose of education.
The aim of this Society and Education in the Early 21st Century - Theory, Analysis, Critique course from Aarhus University is to enable students to expand their theoretical and empirical understanding of the relation of society to education in the present socio-historical conditions.
In particular, the course will be a macro-sociological examination of the current state of education systems, nationally and internationally. As the world is coming out of a devastating pandemic, it becomes crucial to understand the socio-historical conditions that made it possible as well as those that are being formed in its aftermath. It is also important to understand how these conditions are presentified in the function of education systems, and the very purpose of education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe subsequent sessions will apply our theorization and conceptualization on selected themes, such as:
- The idea of progress and development, and the role of education, in the face of a climate breakdown;
- Economic globalization, and international educational policy and comparison;
- ‘Us’ and ‘them’: migration, inter-cultural education, and cross-cultural comparison;
- Governance, and new public management in society and educational institutions;
- Online technologies and their permeation of social life and education systems and practices.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 19 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 3 other Short Courses in Teaching in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply for the course you must hold a bachelor's degree in sociology of education, education studies or a related degree.
- Exchange students: nomination from your home university
- Freemovers: documentation for English Language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1373 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1373 EUR for the full programme during 19 days.
EU/EEA830 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 EUR for the full programme during 19 days.
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.