This short course, led by the Faculty of Theology of Lugano in collaboration with USI, will develop your knowledge of what interfaith dialogue means from a philosophical and epistemological point of view, and teach how to enjoy productive interfaith dialogue.
Understand the value of a multi-faith society
Until a few decades ago, it seemed secularisation processes were inevitable and that religion would be confined to the private conscience. However, the new millennium saw religions return – both as places for spiritual reflection, as well as movements that could affect the public sphere.Religions From The Inside - Improving Interreligious Dialogue at Università della Svizzera Italiana by FutureLearn will enhance your understanding of the relationship between different faiths and help you to explore why religions play such an active role in promoting peaceful coexistence among humans.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The main tenets of the five main world religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism.
- The conditions necessary for the practice of interreligious dialogue: elements that advance the cooperation and mutual understanding among different forms of faith.
- The five religions will be presented from the perspective of an interreligious dialogue.
- Every religion will be described in its structure from both its historical and conceptual viewpoints
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 11 other Short Courses in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for anyone interested in religion and interreligious dialogue.
- It will be of particular interest for bachelor and master’s students with a background in philosophy, theology or history.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $64. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.