Indigeneity as a Global Concept at The University of Newcastle Australia by FutureLearn will explore the contemporary social, cultural, economic and political situations of indigenous peoples all across the globe.
You’ll be introduced to definitions and parameters of indigenous peoples, and will engage with a wide range of case studies that illustrate indigenous peoples’ struggles.Understand the different situations in which indigenous peoples coexist with non-indigenous peoplesFirstly, you’ll identify numerous past and present definitions of the much-contested phrase ‘indigeneity’, and will define the parameters that define indigenous peoples.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Definitions of indigeneity, past and present
- Case studies of indigeneity in the 21st century
- The legacy of European colonialism for indigenous peoples
- Contemporary acts of indigenous resistance across the globe
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology View 59 other Short Courses in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is particularly targeted at anyone interested in challenges currently facing indigenous peoples all around the world.
- This can include those interested in studying anthropology, postcolonial studies and environmental management or environmental humanities.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.