Trying to launch a career in the music business can be a daunting and strenuous road. Mastering your instrument of choice, song-writing, being inspired and creative, while also navigating the business side of the industry will require you to acquire two entirely different sets of skills.
Your Music & Business course from Modul University Vienna and JAM Music Lab University will include the fundamentals of the music industry. In other words, styles and genres, artistic curation, sound design, music production and distribution, to name but a few, and will connect them to the key managerial aspects and structures needed to succeed in this business.
Additionally, your acquired knowledge will be transferred to live case studies in event planning, in which you will learn what it takes to be successful in the music business from the perspective of a musician and a manager, learning and applying skills that are essential for thriving in an ever-changing industry.
- Music Education
- Event Planning & Creation
- Event Management & Operation
- Management & Communication
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course has been designed for students and professionals who have a passion for music and the music industry and wish to base their future career on hands-on business and practical music knowledge.
- Professionals with work experience are similarly encouraged to apply. We recommend applicants to have a bachelor's degree in Music, Business and Administration, Economics and Hospitality, or equivalent work experience in similar fields.
- A command of English of minimum B2 is recommended.
International2700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2700 EUR for the full programme during 2 months.
EU/EEA2700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2700 EUR for the full programme during 2 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.