Explore the internal environment of an organisation by exploring the typical functional areas of business. You will learn about the external environment comprising the micro and macro environment, this includes competitive and customer dynamics and how political and technological developments can shape a business’ strategy.
This 6-week short course also looks at the impact of globalisation on business and how an organisation can best position itself in this complex environment.
By the end this course you will be able to:
- Explain business management and its context.
- Describe the main trends and challenges associated with business management in a globalised environment.
- Discuss the purpose of the marketing management function.
- Discuss the purpose of the Public Relations function.
- Explain the main challenges in operations management.
- Explain the main challenges in supply chain management.
This course has been reviewed by the OpenLearning team to ensure quality academic content within the Malaysian and Australian credentialing framework.
An OpenLearning OpenCred is a type of credential that can stand-alone, or interact with a formal qualification. OpenCred courses are market-leading online courses that prepare learners for the future of work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Week 1: Introduction to Business Management
- Week 2: Business Management in a Globalised Environment
- Week 3: Marketing Management and Public Relations Management
- Week 4: Operations Management and Supply Chain Management
- Week 5: Financial Management and Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Week 6: Summative Assessment
Our course facilitators are expert practitioners in their field. They have been selected for the breadth and depth of experience in their respective disciplines, in addition to their online teaching skills. Our team loves working with learners to help them get the most out of their learning journey.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Self-paced, Semi-structured
- No Attendance
- Only feedback on assignments and exams, Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies International Business
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Anyone 18 years of age or older can sign up for our online courses. There are no academic entry requirements or conditions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 240 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
National240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 240 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.