In this Bioethics - Life and Death program from The University of Western Australia we will discuss a wide range of issues, including (but not limited to) abortion, euthanasia, the allocation of scarce medical resources, triage, paternalistic public health interventions, compulsory vaccination, and so on. Four weeks will be devoted directly to issues raised by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Why study this course?
- Gain a solid understanding of the most important ethical theories in Western thought.
- Learn about the contemporary bioethical issues including those relating to abortion, euthanasia and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Develop valuable analytical and critical thinking skills.
How does it work?
- 50% essay and 50% take-home assessment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat you'll learn
- Understand key ethical theories.
- Apply key ethical theories to contemporary controversies in bioethics.
- Gain crucial analytical and critical thinking skills.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Microbiology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Code: 00126G
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1320 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1320 AUD for the full programme during 3 months.
AUD $1,320 including GST
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.