With the CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) at Open Colleges, you not only get a high quality education, but a nationally recognised qualification that you can use all across Australia.
The course is delivered online, so there are no classrooms and no deadlines. You simply study where you want, when you want, on any device that you have nearby (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer).
This course is superseded by CPC40120 - Certificate IV in Building and Construction. For now, you may still enrol in this course, and we will transition you to the new course at no additional cost once it is available. We’ll be in touch closer to our launch date to give you more information about what this means for you. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, as our friendly Enrolment Consultants are always happy to help.
Potential career outcomes
What do you learn in this course
- Prepare building sketches and drawings
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Apply building codes and standards to construction projects
- Produce building and construction cost estimates
- Create and prepare construction contracts
- Produce labour and material schedules for ordering, and apply site surveys and set out procedures.
- Manage site WHS, apply legal requirements to projects and manage small business finance.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
You can enroll in the majority of our courses, and start studying, anytime you like. There's no need to wait for a certain date or a new semester to start.
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- No interaction at all
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 5 other Short Courses in Architecture in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
- You will need to have a reasonable level of fitness
- This course involves reading and undertaking a range of written assessments, as well as engaging in online forums and discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 10 level.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.