The role of a data scientist is to turn raw data into actionable insights. Much of the world's raw data—from electronic medical records to customer transaction histories—lives in organized collections of tables called relational databases. To be an effective data scientist, you must know how to wrangle and extract data from these databases using a language called SQL . This Introduction to SQL course at Data Camp teaches syntax in SQL shared by many types of databases, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle. This course teaches you everything you need to know to begin working with databases today!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This chapter provides a brief introduction to working with relational databases. You'll learn about their structure, how to talk about them using database lingo, and how to begin an analysis using simple SQL commands to select and summarize columns from database tables.
- This chapter teaches you how to use aggregate functions to summarize data and gain useful insights. You'll also learn about arithmetic in SQL and how to use aliases to make your results more readable.
- This chapter builds on the first by teaching you how to filter tables for rows satisfying some criteria of interest. You'll learn how to use basic comparison operators, combine multiple criteria, match patterns in text, and much more.
- This chapter provides a brief introduction to sorting and grouping your results.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 333 other Short Courses in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 days.
- Basic Access: Free
- Premium (for individuals): $5.75/month billed annually
- Teams (for teams of 2 and up): $5.75 per user /month billed annually
- Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.