Studying 3–4 hours in each unit, this short course offers the perfect opportunity to continue the development of your understanding of important grammatical features, such as the use of verbs and the word order. You will also further increase your awareness of the cultural diversity of German-speaking countries.
After successfully completing this short course, you will receive a digital badge. This can be shared on social media, added to email signatures or act as a certificate.
You will learn
After completing this Beginners German 2 course at The Open University UK, you should be able to:
- communicate with speakers of German in a range of predictable and simple contexts relating to everyday life
- know and use the principles of German pronunciation
- understand and use the special German characters (such as the ‘Umlaut') and be able to word-process or hand-write them
- better understand the cultural differences and customs between German-speaking cultures and your own.
The course is designed to help you achieve a level of language proficiency equivalent to level A1 of the Council of Europe Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR).
Throughout Beginners German 2: mit Vergnügen! you will learn to:
- give and accept invitations
- reserve a table and order food
- arrange meetings
- talk about dates, the time, and the seasons of the year
- explain and to follow directions
- express your likes and dislikes in German
- further understand and employ German pronunciation
- understand and actively use different kinds of words
- use the word order of your sentences in order to emphasise what’s important to you
- use important grammatical features such as the accusative of nouns
- use important verbs such as ‘to take', ‘to drink'
- use modal verbs such as ‘to want’, ‘to need’, and ‘to have to’.
- 4 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start: At anytime before registration end date
- Registration closes 31 December
DisciplinesGerman and Scandinavian studies View 8 other Short Courses in German and Scandinavian studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
- However, it's beneficial if you have some basic knowledge of German, similar or equivalent to the language, skills and vocabulary practised in Beginners German 1: fang an! (LGXG001).
- You will be given guidance on developing your language-learning skills such as different techniques to memorise vocabulary and approach grammatical topics.
International195 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
National195 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.