Studying 3–4 hours in each unit, the course offers the perfect opportunity to continue the development of your language skills. You will learn to agree, disagree and express your opinions, and master everyday situations. You will also further increase your awareness of the cultural diversity of German-speaking countries.
After successfully completing this Beginners German 3 course at The Open University UK , you will receive a digital badge. This can be shared on social media, added to email signatures or act as a certificate.
You will learn
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- communicate with speakers of German in a range of predictable and simple contexts relating to everyday life
- know and use the principles of German pronunciation
- understand and use the special German characters (such as the ‘Umlaut') and be able to word-process or hand-write them
- better understand the cultural differences and customs between German-speaking cultures and your own.
The course is designed to help you achieve a level of language proficiency equivalent to level A1 of the Council of Europe Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Throughout 16 units studying Beginners German 3: richtig so! you'll learn to:
- express your opinions on a variety of themes and topics, such as television, sports, cinema and theatre, accommodation, household items, and furniture
- communicate in typical situations
- understand and employ key issues of German pronunciation, especially the sounds alien to non-German speakers, such as Umlaute
- express your agreement and disagreement
- master everyday situations such as shopping as well as online shopping in the German-speaking world.
Furthermore, you will have many opportunities to enhance your intercultural understanding through engaging with learning materials which reflect German speaking countries and their people, and through learning about places and sightseeing in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start: At anytime before registration end date
- Registration closes 31 December
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 36 other Short Courses in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
- However, it's beneficial if you have some basic knowledge of German, similar or equivalent to the language, skills and vocabulary practised in Beginners German 1: fang an! (LGXG001) or Beginners German 2: mit vergnügen! (LGXG002).
- You will be given guidance on developing your language-learning skills such as different techniques to memorise vocabulary and approach grammatical topics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International195 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
National195 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.