As an elementary level course, you should have some knowledge of Italian already, either by studying Elementary Italian 1: in campo! (LGXI004) or because you have learned Italian to a similar level elsewhere. You’ll carry out guided online activities based on audio clips, visual images and written text, and have access to a dedicated course website, forum and learning advisers. The course has no formal assessment, but you’ll test your knowledge by completing a quiz in each unit..
After successfully completing this Elementary Italian 2 course at The Open University UK you will receive a digital badge. This can be shared on social media, added to email signatures or act as a certificate.
You will learn
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- communicate with speakers of Italian in a limited range of predictable and simple contexts relating to everyday situations
- understand and use basic and more complex Italian language points (for example, questions, statements and instructions), and common vocabulary relating to parts of the body, past events, and childhood
- recognise and use basic and more complex Italian phrases in formal and informal communication
- show a basic level of intercultural communicative competence, including an awareness of Italian culture and society.
The course is designed to help you achieve a level of language proficiency equivalent to level A1 of the Council of Europe Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Some of the main topics that you will study during the course include:
- talking about past actions and events using the passato prossimo
- talking about accidents and injuries using reflexive verbs
- saying how long events lasted for
- talking about ongoing actions using da
- using linking words
- giving reasons
- talking about aches and pains
- parts of the body and their irregular plural forms
- talking about dates
- talking about your childhood using the imperfect tense
- signing off emails
- forming exclamations.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start: At anytime before registration end date
- Registration closes 31 December
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 126 other Short Courses in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
- However, it's beneficial if you have some basic knowledge of Italian, similar or equivalent to the language, skills and vocabulary practised in Beginners Italian 1: primi passi (LGXI001), Beginners Italian 2: in cammino (LGXI002), Beginners Italian 3: stai andando bene! (LGXI003), and/or Elementary Italian 1: in campo! (LGXI004)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International195 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
National195 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.