With an emphasis on development as practice, this module helps you discover, critically analyse, evaluate, and apply the key tools and techniques to do with strategic thinking, research, advocacy, planning, policy making and evaluation that are needed by a development manager or practitioner.
From initially discovering how development takes place and understanding development contexts, you’ll learn how to design development interventions and gain an understanding of how to bring about change.
All students who successfully complete this module will qualify for the Postgraduate Certificate in Global Development Management.
This Global development in practice module from The Open University UK provides you with:
- specially written online teaching material
- learning activities that you will undertake individually or in small groups of fellow students
- support from your tutor
- online discussion and live online tutorials
- a dedicated website
- and other internet resources.
- The module consists of four programs. The first program is Discovering development management, which focuses on how global development takes place, the people that undertake development and the relationships between them.
- The second program Understanding development contexts, focuses on the development landscape and outlines the different institutions and organisations operating in this sector.
- The third program, Designing an intervention, critically engages with the tools, frameworks and methods associated with designing development interventions.
- The final program, Bringing about change focuses on the argument that improvisation above rationalisation is needed in complex development contexts.
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 33 other Short Courses in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- It is recommended that you hold a UK bachelor's degree (or equivalent), or have had experience of working, in a paid or voluntary capacity, in a development agency (international or local) prior to embarking on this module. However, these requirements are not compulsory and you will not be required to provide any supporting documentary evidence.
International4235 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4235 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
National4235 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4235 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.